I made these for lunch today after watching "Sam the Cooking Guy" on TV the other day. They looked so good I had to try em. Super easy to make and unbelievably delicious.
Reposted from Thecookingguy.com
Makes about 4 or 5I say it all the time - keep a bag of raw, unpeeled shrimp in the freezer for easy last minute recipes like this. The chipotle/sour cream/lime mix that goes with this is so good. But don't get all freaked out with the chipotles, they're not weird. You just buy them in a little can for about a buck and a half in the supermarket. Actually, buy 2 cans - I also use them in my Chicken Enchiladas.
- 1/2 lb peeled, uncooked shrimp, (31/50's are perfect) cut into smallish pieces
- 2 limes
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- corn tortillas
- purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small chipotle from a can, pay attention now - not a whole can of them - just one as they're hot, minced fine
- Mix well sour cream, chipotle and juice from 1/2 a lime in small bowl - set aside
- Heat pan well then add oil
- Add shrimp and stir fry quickly - the shrimp will cook fast
- When almost cooked, sprinkle with Old Bay then squeeze juice from half a lime on top
- Give 'em a quick mix and you're done
- That's it. I like to put everything out and let people make their own. Put some of the chipotle sour cream on a tortilla, add a little cabbage, add the shrimp and squeeze a little more fresh lime juice over the top.